It’s that time of year again already. The silly season is fast approaching and accommodation, experiences and restaurants WILL BOOK OUT. We can’t stress that enough. Please get in touch with us to lock in an amazing experience for your client. We can recommend some fabulous ideas to suit your client’s desires.
In Australia, it’s hot at Christmas and we celebrate on the day of the 25th, not Christmas Eve. You’ll often find families heading to the beach for a dip and a game of cricket after they’ve stuffed themselves with festive goodness and we recommend your clients join in the fun. It’s definitely a contrary experience to a Christmas in Europe or North America and a real part of the Australian culture. Our Christmas feast often consists of fresh seafood such as prawns and crayfish, ham off the bone and a roast turkey with all the trimmings. Around this time of year, a large portion of the local population head out of town to holiday destinations within a few hours drive of the capitals so often it’s mostly tourists that remain in the cities but the buzz of holiday season never wanes.
Please take note of the following:
Accommodation is already scare at the top end of the market. If you have clients thinking of travelling to Australia at this time of year, please get in touch immediately.
- Most hotels have finalised their dinner and party menus and prices.
- Other restaurants also have their festive season menus ready.
- Ask us to book a dining experience for your client.
New Years Eve in Sydney – ideas
- Spend the last evening of 2017 at the Sydney Opera House. Be entertained at the Opera Gala, featuring favourites by Verdi, Puccini, Rossini and more. Then, with a heart full of song, watch the fireworks the whole world watches. Interval is timed for the 9pm fireworks and the Sydney Opera House stays open well past the midnight fireworks
- Charter a luxury vessel for your own private soiree to welcome in the New Year. While you sleep, the vessel can relocate so you’ll wake up to the soothing sounds of the Australian bush where you can swim, sunbathe and ease your way into the new year.
- Grab the penthouse suite (be quick!) at any of Sydney’s harbour front hotels where your sky-high views of the fireworks will be the envy of all