Amanda on Anda
Amanda here – reporting to you about a fabulous new find in the world of luxury expedition yachts! Her name is Anda and she is a true expedition vessel with luxury accommodation, all the toys and many comforts. Anda is not your typical white-boat, she is a luxury expedition yacht available for private charters into Australia’s wild & beautiful waters. Anda is for exploring, discovering and adventuring.
Currently berthed in Fremantle the Master, Hostess and Chef were happy to show me around the beautifully finished boat. Anda’s owner is a passionate yachtsman and has no fewer than 12 boats in his personal fleet, however only Anda and a 50 ft game fishing launch, The Fortescue, are available for charter.
- Some facts about Anda:
- Length: 42 mtr | 138 ft
- Built: 1965 in Norway, originally as an ice-breaker. Rebuilt from 2010 to 2012
- Cruising Speed: 10 knots
- Cruise Range:7500 nm
- Stabilisers: 2 x quantum stabilisers for smooth sailing in seas over 4 mtr
- Guest Suites: 5 including the spacious master suite, 3 x queen suites and 1 x twin suite all with private en suite bathroom
- Dining: indoor & outdoor for 10 people
- Relaxation: sundeck with outdoor spa, large saloon area
- Transport & fun: 2 x semi-inflatable high speed 7 mtr jet tenders, 2 x Seadoo jetskis
- Crew: 10 highly experience crew including 2 executive chefs
Price point? Well to give you an idea, Anda is currently from AU$30,000 per day or $150,000 AUD per week plus GST. APA is included (advance provisioning allowance).
Where to? Pretty much wherever you want! Australia has nearly 60,000km of coastline but my recommendations would be the Kimberley Coast, Rowley Shoals, the Cape York Peninsula and the Great Barrier Reef.
So yes I am excited … Anda really offers stylish luxury, a sense of freedom and extraordinary Australian adventures!!